Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oops...

So I missed my first day of work...kind of. I finally talked to Halle, the manager of Anthropologie this past Sunday and she said Kristen, the other manager, was going to call me about training. Well..my friend Erin, who works there already and is Kris' cousin, sent me a text today that said - Have fun at your first day of work!

So I'm standing outside of RockHarbor and I looked down, saw the text and my heart started racing. My mind was going back and forth trying to remember the very important idea of me going to work today. I couldn't remember ever recieving a phone call. I called Erin and she said she went to the manager's office on Monday and Halle told her I was coming into work today.

Next step...I called Anthropologie.

"Hi. Is Kris, the manager, in?"
"This is she."
"Hi. This is Jenna."
"Oh, Hi Jenna!"
"Hi Kris. I just talked to Erin and she said I was expected at work today, but I never recieved a phone call."
"Oh yeah. We were, but nobody called you, so we can reschedule."
"Oh ok. I'm sorry."
"No problem. I'll let you know when we reschedule."
"Ok. Thanks!"
"Bye."

So I missed my first day of work, but as Erin later said, it wasn't my fault so I couldn't do anything about it. Oh the mishappenings of my life. Haha.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ah, the stress of first days. Have you officially started yet?