Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Chimes Nights Continued

So I wrote the following paragraph on the night I officially took over as Editor-in-Chief of The Chimes newspaper. It was saved in my blog drafts until now, since it has redeemed itself to be current news with my current situation.

A month ago in the office:
It is 4:50 am in the morning. I am currently at work still. I was called back to the office by the printers whom informed me that our PDF files didn't "go through." Well..they had gone through, however, unfortunately for me, the man working isn't computer savvy enough or willing to look for them in the folder I uploaded them to. Him nor I are in a great mood at 4:50 in the morning. Him more than I, so here I am, back at the office about to fall asleep over the key pad and waiting for the pages to go through a second time. And all I can think about are those status bars on facebook that say where you are. Mine continually reads "Jenna is...wondering why she took a job that may require her to stay awake until 5 am some nights."

Now in my kitchen at home:
It is now summer and I am currently wondering why I am at home at 12:30 am working on Associated Collegiate Press (ACP) contest entries instead of out with friends. My status bar reads "Jenna is...wondering why she took a job that requires her to work this late during the summer."

However, in my imaginary world of second status bars, the second one reads "Jenna is...excited for The Chimes to hopefully win awards next year and improve in the collegiate journalism world."

The second status bar would be why I took a job like this...and I should probably also count in the fact that I am crazy.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

You are crazy girl!!! You work too hard sometimes, but it will pay off soon enough :) Have any plans for the Summer at home?