Friday, June 15, 2007

The party continues...

Here is an update on my butterfly friends.

Today, Jeff, Sheena (the other Motion Intern), and I went to lunch and discussed the upcoming months and what they will look like...including my role at Motion.

So what is Motion? Motion is the new publication at RockHarbor Church telling God's stories and the movement of Him in this world right now and people's lives. It is a 16 page full-color news magazine. The design and content are awesome. The second issue came out this last weekend and reading through it provokes joy, awe, and a restlessness I can't explain. Each story is so delicately written to portray what the writer is feeling through the experience and shows the stories of God through the way He works in people. How do you even write that? It's something each of these writer's and hopefully I will be continually learning to do. It has no other description than amazing.

So what is my role at Motion? To be the Production Editor. I am stoked about this. I was the Production Editor at The Chimes for the past two years, and this is a whole new take on a position I am experienced in. I also get to work closely with the designers and the photo team which excites me. I love design and photography, and of course working with people. I think I will be helping with organizing communication which it sounds like there is somewhat of a lack of in some areas of production...such as calling the printers a half hour before they are going to print. I think The Chimes printers would kill us!

So to say the least - I am thrilled to be working with a great group of people on something that will hopefully have the same affect on readers as it did on me - a joy, awe, and restlessness. A joy in hearing God's movement. An awe of Him and how He works. A restlessness to be a part of His greater story and where I fit into that.

The butterflies are restless.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I want to see it! Save some copies!