Sunday, June 17, 2007

Anthropologie

A homeware, bedding, clothing, and jewelry store all rolled into a cultural, visually inspiring, bejeweled shopping oasis. This is Anthropologie. I fell in love with the store a year ago. I still walk in and can get lost in the store for hours easily. It simply is serendipitous. That one dish you have been dreaming about for years, the top you could never seem to find, the bedding you always wanted - is found in this store. The women the store caters to? A stylish, sophisticated, cultural, well-versed, aware woman. Can I ask you what woman does not want to be that? I certainly do.

So when I looked for a summer job since my internship doesn't pay, what other place would I want to work than a place I enjoy to be in. I, thankfully, was hired to work at this delectable store as of today. Needless to say, I look forward to working there over the next three months. If I am not able to afford the things in the store, at least I may be inspired by them!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

O my gosh you are so lucky! Is an employee discount involved in this operation?

Cristina said...

Hmmm...so would staff discount be extended to the very closest of family and friends :) Wow, I wish I could get paid to work there as much as I do at my office...I'd do it in a heartbeat! Although, my money would be quickly spent with all the cute stuff hollering my name! Be careful...this is a job to make money :) So excited for all the fun stuff going on in your life right now!

alexiamay said...

uhm... you don't know me, but, i'm going to an open interview for anthropologie on saturday and i've been googling everything i can that could maybe help me out. did you go an open/group interview? i'm planning on wearing a dress and a cardigan, should i dress up more? sorry for all the questions. if you could help out i'd really appreciate it.