Sunday, June 10, 2007

A New Kind of Party

"Hi. Jenna?"
"This is she."
"Hi. This is Jeff from RockHarbor."
"Hi Jeff!"
"I have some bad news for you."
"Ok..." My stomach just did a flip.
"Well...You are going to have to get to know all of us in the Communications department at RockHarbor over the next couple months."
At this point of the conversation the voice inside my head was screaming, "Yes! Yes! Yes!", and if I hadn't been in the grocery store, I would have been jumping up and down.
I laughed and said, "I think I can handle that."
"Great, because we would love to have you as part of the team here if you are still interested.." and so went the convo.

I got the internship! I am so stoked! Now the butterflies are flying in excitement and I am partying with them. I start this next week with orientation to learn their expectations and my role as an intern. Amidst the turmoil going on at home and working everything out for my Grandmother's funeral, this was great news!

ps. I will send an update on how my new friends - the butterflies, are doing after Thursday.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh so awesome!! Congratulations Jenna! RockHarbor always has such cool graphic design stuff -- will you be doing any of that?