Thursday, July 5, 2007

Timeless

There are many things that remind me of home. Such as the green drive surrounded by mountains to my house, or waking up on a Saturday morning to jazz music and the clanking of pots and pans as my Dad makes french toast downstairs, or the ever so contemporary barcelona chairs that I always see in fancy stores, yet are also the staple furniture of our living room. The latter years of my high school years were mostly spent at Cristina's house or with Cristina, my best friend. And therefore, there is a great deal of home wrapped up in her.

Tonight I was blessed enough to get a feel of that home again. Cristina and her husband, Brian, of two years as of June 3, moved to Northern California a little over a year ago. ( briancristinawood.blogspot.com ) Luckily, the distance has not deterred our friendship. Cristinas, also known as love bug, pumpkin, or simply Cristina is a true confidante and lifetime friend. Those are rare to find. And to my surprise, I found out earlier in the week she would be visiting Southern California this weekend. She flew in this morning, and this evening I was able to go over to her family's house and spend a couple hours with her. There is nothing like seeing a close friend in person after communicating through e-mail and over the phone for months. It's simply different. It is that feeling of home, comfort, and warmth.

So put simply, tonight it was nice to have a taste of home more than I'm used to. Because I may be at home when I am not living at school, but when you have the opportunity of seeing an old friend or spending time in a place with a person you have spent time with so many times before, there is that feeling of being truly home that cannot be found elsewhere... it's timeless.


Cristina and I at the tide pools. This was taken in late January courtesy of Brian. :) It's not the clearest photo, but I decided I should start posting more photos on here, so this is the start.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Awww, you're so sweet my bestest friend! Love you...and it was so nice seeing you, even though it was only for a couple of hours. I was sooo tired!!!