Sunday, August 16, 2009

our backyard


It's been a little more than two months that I left our house in La Mirada to live in an apartment. And I love it. I haven't written much about our new apartment since the week we moved in. However, it has been wonderful. Between the amazing facilities - pool with cabanas, outdoor lounge areas and 24 hour fitness center - and having a fridge where my strawberries aren't fighting over space with my roommate's fish is quite a good experience. 

One of the things I was not looking forward to about living in an apartment was the lack of a backyard. Or a front one for that matter. I loved our backyard at the last house. It was really spacious and perfect for laying out and reading in the grass. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that our new "backyard" was a beautiful courtyard complete with a coy pond. I am so glad we are on the first floor! I love opening the sliding glass doors out to our patio in the afternoon to listen to the waterfall. We have two patios and I was really excited when I found out Christy and I got the room with the attached patio. 

The above photo is our "view." However, we currently don't have any patio decor. Therefore, my current project is fixing up our patio so we can actually sit outside and enjoy our "backyard" without actually being in the fish bowl of the courtyard. :) 

No comments: