Tuesday, May 26, 2009

moving week

It's that time of year again. I am moving. This year I am saying goodbye to a house that has been extremely good to me. And for the first time, I will be living in an apartment. It will be odd moving from a house with 9 girls into an apartment where there will be 4 of us, but I am excited about more fridge space and granite countertops.

things I will miss:
- living with so many girls, surprisingly it is a lot of fun to live with so many people (esp. coming from an only child's perspective)
- the sea of green outside my window in the current house, we were so blessed to live in such a gorgeous house and location this year
- living with more of my best friends than I knew what to do with
- usually there was always at least one other person home (this may not change)
- my commute: right now, it is a mere 5 to 10 min. drive with only two stoplights to work = amazing
- having a CVS, gas station, Starbucks and grocery store a very short distance away
- living in a house in general, i think an apt. will be an adjustment in itself with living so close to other people
- and last, but not least, megan, who is moving and who i have lived with for 3 years..i could probably write a whole blog post on this one :)

things I look forward to:
- more fridge space and still living with friends
- the coy pond and waterfall outside our patio
- living somewhere brand new and right off the 5 will be convenient
- living closer to my parents' house
- the extravagant pool and fitness center at the apt.
- having fun in a new place and getting to decorate!

I'm excited for the transition, even if it does mean some goodbyes, it also means some hellos.

1 comment:

justanotherManda said...

dearest jenna,
i am excited for your new change! I can't wait to come over and visit! We live closer to eachother now! yay!