Wednesday, June 4, 2008

you've got to move it, move it...

Four years ago, I packed my clothes, belongings, and life into my little VW bug and unpacked it all in a dorm room in Hart Hall at Biola. Last week, I packed all of my things up - which no longer all fit into a VW bug - and moved out of a house I had rented with 9 girls this past year. Every summer for the past four years I have moved. And every fall, I have returned to the safe security of being a college student. Leaving this summer was the last I would leave a student. I am no longer a college student, but I am a graduate - with no job.

When I returned home last week, there was a sense of comfort. I may not have a job yet or know exactly what I want to do, but no matter how many times I leave or fail, I always have a home to come back to. As I continue to search for the right path, I have realized there may not be the exact right path, there are probably multiple ones, and even if I fail, God is there to catch me and I have a home to return to.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

so proud of you, dear one! the campus will not be the same with you gone : ) sorry, we can't make your party on saturday (em's 4th birthday!) but enjoy being celebrated, you deserve it.