Friday, June 6, 2008

the good, the bad, and the...

So if I were to use the word ugly, I may be lying, but I can't think of anything except the large ugly face of decision making. I've improved. Yes. I have. However, that does not change the fact that I don't like decisions. So here is the good, the bad and the ugly.

The Good
I have a job offer! And another one that looks promising.
The Bad
I can't choose both, and they are both great opportunities.
The Ugly
I have to choose between them.

Here are the facts: Heal the World offered me a position. It would not be journalism and there would be a high learning curve, because the position is more business administration. I would be writing grants, making contacts, and be a representative for the organization to corporate donors. Essentially, I would be the heart beat for the organization because I would be the only full time employee. The organization is awesome itself, and is missions oriented. The people seem really amazing as well. Their office is in Irvine, which would be a little harder since I'm living in La Mirada next year.

The other position is with Biola, who I would love to work for. My title would be Media Relations and Internal Coordinator. It is a PR position and I would be updating the website, writing stories and working with outside as well as student media. My experience is perfect for this position. And it would be really fun to work at Biola, especially since I already know some of the people I would be working with. I'm also going to be living about 5 minutes from Biola which would be great because of gas prices.

So now, I'm praying for discernment and for the ugly to seem a little less ugly.

1 comment:

justanotherManda said...

what did you pick what did you pick?!!?