Thursday, June 26, 2008

just say Yes!

I have a tendency to say yes - to everything. I have an innate desire to be a social butterfly.

I'm in a wedding this weekend and today was the bridesmaids luncheon. It was held at the delish Crepes de Paris on Birch Street in Brea. I definitely recommend this cute little crepe cafe for brunch, an afternoon sweet tooth craving or a late night snack. Anyhow, after lunch, the girls were all going to get pedicures and manicures and I had to say no. I had already been gone from work and had to get back to finish some projects. I've always had a job that I've been able to maneuver my hours easily, however, in a sense I do work 9 to 5, although they are flexible with me.

I shouldn't complain, but I was definitely sad at having to say no today. The little mouse in my pocket kept squeaking, just say Yes! Skip work! Fortunately, I didn't listen to it, but he continued to scream at me as I walked to my car. :)

On a happier note, I do get to take the day off tomorrow to be at the rehearsal and spend the night with the bridal party, etc. I'm extremely excited for my dear friend Megan to marry the love of her life this weekend. I think weddings are becoming one of my new favorite things, if they weren't a favorite before, that is.

No comments: