Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a little nutty

If there is such a thing as brain food, I have taken advantage of it - or at least the snack form of it. I can't explain how much more productive I am when I have something to snack on. My choice of the week has been dried fruit and nuts.

Yesterday I came in and cleaned my desk - dusted and windexed to be exact. This is my first week with the office to myself so I plan on cleaning, organizing and then decorating. After I finished cleaning yesterday I went about to open my daily pack of brain food. I struggled with the pack for a few minutes until it barely ripped at the top. I proceeded to pull harder and to much delight the plastic finally gave, but only to my dismay of having nuts explode into a firework show as I split the entire package in two. Apparently I'm stronger than expected.

After sitting shocked for a second or two, I frantically swept all the nuts off my desk into my empty tea cup and swiftly picked the crumbs up off the floor and out of my keyboard in fear of someone walking by and seeing my nutty mess. Fortunately, I was left to my own laughter without any witnesses, but from now on I'm using scissors to open the packs.

No comments: