Monday, December 17, 2007

at the car wash

Last week, my roommate informed me I could create a new car air freshener: vanilla eggroll. Sounds yummy? After spilling leftover Thai food, having it vaccumed, and then helping it with a vanilla air freshener could get you the same smell. Needless to say I have been driving with my windows down the past week. Today, I finally had time to work out a deal with the car wash to just shampoo my trunk. When I went last Monday, they told me they had to do the entire car for $45. I said no.

Today I pulled into the carwash in sheer determination to not pay $45, but for my trunk to recieve justice from it's Thai juice. (Gross!) I explained to the man that I didn't want all my carpets, just my trunk. No, I didn't want a car wash either. He looked at me like I was crazy. He proceeded to ask me to open my trunk as if there was something he didn't understand. After I opened the trunk and he had taken a good look around, he makes eye contact and proclaims, "It's clean." I almost laughed - if he only knew. At the same time I felt as though I had hidden a dead body in my trunk, relieved myself of it, and now knew that if CSI came around, they would find traces.

After much negotiation, my trunk was shampooed and chemically cleaned for the smell. I drove out with a smile and a shampooed trunk.

Ta ta vanilla eggroll.


ps. if you want to see pics from the chimes christmas party which resulted in the spilled thai food, click on michelle's link under letterpress at the right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have the honor of riding in this eggroll massacre. it was beautiful. i think i one point i said i kind of liked it. maybe its just because we were going to chipotle.... no idea.
and the csi people would have found trace. trace of thai. thats dangerous.

Unknown said...

one of my friends spilled chinese all over his backseat. He had to sell the car

Michelle said...

Sounds like the time my mom punctured a milk jug and spilled the contents under the seat of our minivan. It has smelled like a rotten baby bottle ever since.