Thursday, July 19, 2007

Connection

"You mean, Steve Churm!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah. That's my Dad."

Making small talk before service started at church this past Sunday turned out to be more interesting than usual. Erin and I met Carly, whom we work with at Anthropologie, for the 9 am service at RockHarbor. Little did I know but Carly's dad is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of OC Metro magazine. A magazine I had actually been interested in interning with, but never pursued enough to actually get an internship there.

After asking me if I had any internships in journalism, this tidbit of information had been revealed from Carly that her Dad was Steve... Before she finished I had overlapped her sentence with the exlamated statement of her father's name, Steve Churm - a man I had emailed back and forth with month's before. Carly then told me if I ever needed an internship or anything to let her know and she would give her Dad my name. Talk about a good connection to have.

This is a small world we live in.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

That is SO stinkin' awesome. Connections are the best, huh? That is the good thing about knowing so many people and being somewhat outgoing...I have Brian to do that for me! That sounds like an aweseom opportunity though. Keep that in mind.