Friday, July 13, 2007

Women

We all have differences - different tastes, styles, values, opinions. However, there is just something innate in all of us that make us women and differentiate the way we act. No matter how different we are, we are similar whether we like it or not. Watching and observing women of all shapes, sizes, races, cultures, religions enter Anthropologie has been to say the least, fun! I love greeting people as they enter the store, but more than that realizing how much I am alike to each of these women.

There are the women who are having a bad day and don't respond well to my greeting, or the ones preoccupied with some object they spot the minute the walk in, or the ones who smile and ask me how I am back. There were two women that came in the store today and made me laugh.

The friends walked in and glided through the front section and turned around and were about to exit quickly when one women makes an ahh noise and stops to look at something, then looks at her friend and says "Oh, right" And the other says with a smile in a determined voice, "We have an agenda to keep." And there they went. That agenda from the way she said it meant one of them had some important event or date to go to and needed the perfect accessory or dress to wear with it. That is a woman's agenda if I ever heard one.

But how this reminds of how all women are. We keep eachother accountable to our agendas, yet we always get caught along the way by the ahh moments. Some could see this as a distraction, however, I see it as a blessing. We are not so determined to not allow ourselves to miss some of these moments. There are times when we do, however, for the most part I feel as though women are aware of the ahh moments in life and that is something I love about women - our appreciation for beauty.

No comments: