Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh no...

Tuesday afternoon, I proposed to the AS Senate for a new Web Editor position to be added to The Chimes. (go to The Chimes link to read the senate story). Rebecca and Michelle, the current web editors accompanied me to share their perspecitve on the matter and to help answer questions at the meeting. I was a little nervous before hand, but felt confident once I was in the room.

I walked in, Michelle and Rebecca behind me and someone made the comment of "she has a whole entourage." That's right, people, we travel in packs. Anyways, the meeting went well. They were impressed by my "entourage" of Michelle and Rebecca and were extremely excited about a few of my comments regarding the readership of the online Chimes and also were delighted when I handed them a newsletter I made about the ACP conference. Michelle and Rebecca spoke eloquently as well. I was a little shaky when I was talking, but I don't think anyone noticed. So overall, the meeting went great!

We stepped out of the conference room and Michelle, Rebecca and I all smiled and laughed saying we completely sold them on the idea. Then Rebecca looked down at my chest with wide eyes and said, "Do you have hives?" I looked at Rebecca confused and then looked at my chest and exclaimed "oh no," with an upset groan. Yes, people, I broke out in hives. My chest was bright red with dots all over. I guess I was more nervous than I thought. I just hope none of the senators noticed...

I'll let you know the outcome of the senate's decision regarding the position next tuesday..and if anyone asks how my hives are.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Okay...that is stinking hilarious! I get that way when I am nervous too...so embarassing! Whenever I have to do anything that I am pretty nervous about, I usually wear a high neck shirt for that very reason. What the heck is that about anyway!!! That's what we get for being such whities :)

Michelle said...

That was a pretty daunting presentation. Me, Rebecca and you were shakin', sweatin', and breakin' out in hives, respectively!