Monday, November 26, 2007

Wind through a Child's Eyes

The wind whisked my arms and legs into a spin.
The strong current over bearing my limbs.
My thoughts caught up with the leaves a whirl,
My arms wrapped tighter as my lips said brrr!
The toes in my shoes pointed as I twirled,
The wind propelling my spins around.
My knitted scarf blew into the air,
My hands reached out now without a care.
The sidewalk felt hard beneath my feet,
The concrete cold as my pointed toes reached.
My body felt warm with my puff jacket on,
My legs continued in a song.
The path led me up to my house so warm,
The doors opened wide with my mother’s arms.

A little whimsical and nostalgic poetry always makes me smile.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

You are so good at the poetry thing! I admire you for that...you and Brian both have a definate talent in that department! I am so thankful for your friendship. I want you to come up in January...after Paris :)