Thursday, July 30, 2009

because of Him


It’s not because the novelty of no homework has worn off. Or because I’m excited about sacrificing my weekend trips to reading text books. Or because there is just too much money in my savings.

It’s really about learning more about myself and God. It’s becoming the person I really want to be and am not quite sure how to be right now. It’s learning to have an overflow of love for others. And it’s about loving God and my relationship with Him.

I don’t have grand expectations, because I’m not quite sure what to expect and reality is always a little different. But I am excited to start Grad. School. Though it was a journey in itself and took a bit of patience, I was accepted into the Institute for Spiritual Formation. In the Fall, I will begin working toward my Master’s degree in Spiritual Formation and Soul Care!

Thank you to those who have prayed for me through this time. I can’t wait to begin this new journey. I know it will be difficult, thus I am a little scared. But I have confidence that good is the result of hard situations and emotions. So here is to homework and deepening my knowledge and relationship with the Lord in an exciting new way!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm so excited for you Jenna! I know God will grow you in amazing ways through this experience :)