Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the librarian


I was told I looked like a librarian today.

The last time I was told I looked like a librarian was in sixth grade. My friend Deanna was turning 12 and her parents took us to Las Vegas for a weekend to see the Backstreet Boys. It was my first concert besides The Beach Boys and local concerts at the fair. I was, needless to say, excited — even though I couldn't tell the difference between N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys at the time.

The day of the concert we went back to the hotel to get all dolled up. I had brought the new pale blue crocheted sweater my Mom had bought me at Nordstroms. I got dressed and with butterfly clips intact asked how I looked. I was consequently told I looked like a librarian. I remember being slightly horrified because in sixth grade, it was obvious that a librarian was soo un-cool.

Today, I didn't really mind being called a librarian. In fact, I'd take it as a compliment.


*Deanna and I are still good friends and laugh about this now. Just to note.

No comments: