Thursday, February 26, 2009

Meg, the Model

She normally shies away from the camera and doesn't enjoy being in the public eye. In fact, many times she told me to put away my camera when people were coming our way. However, my roommate Megan, who I convinced to be a model for a day, turned out to actually be a bit of a model. 

It's been at least one year since I last really used my Nikon SLR, which is sad to say the least, considering I love photography! And I am completely out of practice unless you count my point and shoot. After viewing photography blogs, like Jasmine Star's and Shannon's, religiously the past six months, I decided it was time I pulled my own camera out and relearn how to use the beautiful piece of equipment. I enlisted Megan for a "portrait" session so I could test out lighting and not be horribly embarrassed if the photos turned out awful. I would say it was a success for my first time shooting in a year, although I do have a long ways to go. Here are some I liked. 













No comments: