Saturday, February 7, 2009

missing


As I sat comfortably on a settee in my own corner at Corner Bakery Cafe with a mug of coffee and plate of chocolate chip cookies on Thursday night, I felt a bit like a student again. I'm not sure if it was because that was how I became accustomed to study in college for four years, but I think I got more work done in my two hours at Corner Bakery than I do in half a day at work. This could be because I don't have people interrupting me at Corner Bakery, emails coming in constantly, and a phone ringing every once in a while, however, I was focused nonetheless. And I don't doubt a good cup of coffee, the rain, and jeans help me work more efficiently. Not to mention, the cookies.

On that tone, I miss being a student. Sitting and studying. Constantly learning. Late nights and no classes or work on Fridays. I sincerely miss sitting in lectures and being a sponge, soaking up information and hearing from people that are more intelligent than I may ever be. I'm hoping grad. school is in the future. Until then, I will enjoy working and I'll admit, I do love not having homework hanging over your head constantly and being able to sleep in on Saturdays. 

*Photo taken by Faith Martinez at Associated Collegiate Press Conference in D.C. last year. 

1 comment:

RSP said...

Ah good times! I know what you mean about missing school. I didn't last long without it and now I once again have the pleasure of always having homework weighing down on my mind on the weekends :)