Tuesday, February 3, 2009

february & the kingdom

I'm in slight shock that we are already one month into the new year. Sheri, who I work with, told me the years go by quicker as you get older. This makes sense as I vaguely remember the time period of waiting to turn 10, 12, then 16 was incredibly long. Now, it seems like months go by as weeks.

Remember when you would start planning your birthday party three months in advance and it would seem like forrevverrr until you would actually get to eat your birthday cake at your 9th birthday Zoo extravaganza or whatever the theme may have been.

I'm not going to lie. I turn 23 in less than two months and it kind of scares me. I'm getting older. I know I'm not older. But I'm getting older. And if I'm perfectly honest, I don't view 40 as even being old, barely 50. In fact, the idea of being 80 sounds great. But it's all relative. When I'm actually growing deeper into the double digits of my twenties, it scares me. (When someone else is, I am excited for them.)

God, I'm good now. I have a full-time job, great friends and I'm 22. Do we really need to deal with aging, more bills, and the whole less time to live thing?

Unfortunately, I don't think God is going to stop the aging process and really I am working towards Him, not for myself. Therefore, if time is going to go quick, I better start using my time wisely, make stronger decisions and do my part in furthering the Kingdom everyday — not in the mindset of 'in the next year', because apparently that's comin' quick.

1 comment:

Myles Dolphin said...

Hey, just came across your page while blog-surfing. Found it quite interesting and will pop back from time to time. The twenties, contrary to popular belief, only get better with time, so don't sweat it too much for now. :)
Myles