Sunday, February 22, 2009

sundays

The early morning glow and overcast skies of Costa Mesa near Newport Beach greet me Sunday mornings as I drive to the 9 a.m. service at RockHarbor Church. I love Sundays. There is something about waking early when half the world sleeps and driving to worship. This morning at church, the worship set was longer than usual before the sermon and I was able to fully let go of my surroundings and bask in the love of our Father. 

I recommit my life almost every Sunday. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. I ultimately become more grateful and realize, in a deeper sense, what it really means to be a Christian. It makes me, hopefully, a better follower of Christ. However, I wish everyday was like Sundays. 

I want to recommit my life to God each and everyday. I want to take time to know Him and worship Him more each day just like I do on Sundays. Everyday should be like Sundays since I am a follower of Christ seven days a week, not just one and sometimes being a Christian the other six days doesn't mean I'm following Him directly each moment. Here is to treating each and every day like my Sunday drive to church — quiet, reflective and worshipful. 

No comments: