Saturday, January 23, 2010

food, faith & fitness

So for the past three weeks I planned on writing my guidelines for 31 days of ideal living. My whole idea was not to overwhelm myself throughout the year with unattainable New Year resolutions and to wholly live healthier. 

Well, I'd agree I have lived healthier. Yet each time, I'd set out to write the guidelines I was keeping oh so carefully in my head they didn't seem eloquent enough in writing or description. I actually overwhelmed myself by my own writing standards. Slightly ridiculous. So without further ado, here are the guidelines I set — simply stated with no eloquence or detailed descriptions. If you'd like more of an explanation I have significant reasoning behind each of the following.  

food
- Avoid Fast Food
- Cook fresh, organic meals whenever possible 
- Drink one bottle of water a day (actually a stretch for me)


faith
- Spend time talking to God daily and giving each part of me and my day to Him.

fitness
- Work out three times per week.

And lastly, no T.V. I can watch movies, however, I'm trying to avoid watching them by myself as an escape as generally watching T.V. is a negative influence in my life and time-waster. I've already seen positive improvements in my life because of this. 

And some photos from this lovely rainy week: 

Again, impressed by the iPhone camera. 

2 comments:

Megan Maples said...

those are good guidelines and i'm sure you'll do great with them! good luck! :-)

Jenna Lyndsay said...

thanks megan!