Wednesday, January 27, 2010

butta'

Spread on bread. Used instead of mayo. In the pan for almost anything I cook. That would be butter.

I seem to have a love affair with this creamy, smooth, extra delicious substance. The health effects may not escape me in the future, but this substance only well defined as buttery is a little too delectable to ignore. I may sound like the next Paula Dean, but I’d rather refer to myself as the next Julia Child who like any good French cook knows…more butter is never an issue.

So when I saw this as I reached for my favorite healthier butter spread, Earth Balance, I couldn't resist. Mendon Creamery Butter in Roasted Garlic hand churned from fresh sweet cream, roasted garlic and sea salt. My mouth may have dropped a little bit. Followed by a bit of drool as I saw they also had cinnamon sugar butter. 

And here it is in all it's glory and adorable packaging from Whole Foods sitting in my fridge. And I can tell you, I've already come up with about 100 new recipes (or maybe 3) that require a few tablespoons of this delightful butta'.

No comments: