Monday, September 7, 2009

the Ws: sunset


So I completely missed the Ws last week, so in an effort to make up for the mishap, here is a "W" on a Monday. Although, today's website isn't necessarily something you have never heard of, I think it may be overlooked. And it highlighted my last week, lots. 

Without further ado, I welcome you to explore Sunset magazine's website: Sunset. Although, you may already read the magazine, you can find most of the same content online, and look forward to new content daily. If you don't read the magazine, here is a little taste. The magazine outlines "how to live in the West." Think coastal vacations, beach side meals and outdoor party ideas — a.k.a. delicious. 

So if you live in the "East," this may not sound like the best W for you, but it is chock-full of delicious recipes, places to travel and other things you can obviously still do in the East, like decorate.  

And of course, what you can do everywhere: cook. (which is the part that highlighted most of my last week.) Although, I was extremely busy, I was on a cooking kick. So I printed off some of Sunset's most recent recipes and started cooking. Sunset has easy, delicious recipes that are perfect for the end of summer right now. I would suggest trying their marinated, heirloom tomato salad and their huckleberry cobbler.

I love their travel section since it is geared towards the West,obviously, it is a great resource if you want a vacation, but don't have the resources for a full week's vaca. I've never been to Yosemite, so I'm hoping to use their one-day Yosemite guide soon and I'm actually going to their number one hideaway by the sea in a month's time. 

Also, I plan on using their 4 foot veggie guide to make myself a veggie garden as well. So if you are like me and don't have a lot of space, this may be your perfect quench to gardening in a small space. 

So with that, this week's W is delightful in multiple ways and the perfect companion if you are a Westerner...or want to be one. 

Go Explore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.