Saturday, May 3, 2008

27 dresses

So I saw 27 dresses a few weeks ago and the thing that went through my mind throughout the entire movie was "that is me." I haven't been in 27 weddings and I am not close to that, but the whole perfectionist, can't say no, loves to plan showers, etc. - that is me. But I put it aside and then when I told one of my guy friends yesterday that I was going to a bridal shower today, he started laughing.

Me: "I don't get it. Why is that funny?"

Friend: "You don't get it?"

Me: "No."

Friend: "27 Dresses? You've been to wedding things like every weekend."

Me: "No, I haven't. Have I?"

Then I thought. And he was pretty much right. In the past few months I have done the following: wedding dress shopping, bridesmaid dress shopping, bridal shower, lingerie shower, another bridesmaid dress fitting and shopping for another wedding, and I went to another bridal shower today. And I'm sure there's a few things I missed. Next weekend I am helping with favors for a wedding.

But the thing is: I love it! Love, love, love it! So yeah, I may be a bit like Katherine Heigl in 27 Dresses, but at least I enjoy it.

2 comments:

justanotherManda said...

hahaha this is so true. what if you become a wedding planner/wedding party planner? that would be so fun. I hope you had fun today and your friend liked the gift! I thought it was adorable! hehe. Are we still on for monday? Let me know!

babyrndeb said...

I hear wedding planner in the works! But really, you are at that point in your life - next comes all the babies :)