Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Providence

God is always faithful.

If anyone listened to me the past two years discussing the crossroads I was at then (ResLife vs. Editor in Chief of The Chimes or ResLife vs. SOS) they would know I am terrible at making decisions - at least when it involves my heart and my future. Most people think they have a hard time going through these things - until they meet me. I become extremely emotionally attached to people and jobs and have trouble discerning what my next step should be. This usually involves long drawn out conversations over week periods, hours of meditation and prayer, crying, making a decision and then deciding it's the wrong one and going through the motions all over again. Simply ridiculous really.

After experiencing these heart wrenching decisions the past two years, I decided to make this one simple for myself. (If you are confused, read my last post :) ) if there is anything I realized the past few years in making decisions, often there is no wrong decision, it is simply deciding what path to take. God will use my skills anywhere.

Yesterday, I spoke with a few friends, reviewed my options financially and spent time with God. Before I went to sleep last night, I prayed for God to specifically speak to me in my meeting with the ISF department today and instill a fire in me if ISF is where I should be next year.

This morning I got an email that said the person I was supposed to meet with was sick and would not be able to meet with me. If God could get any clearer, I don't know what it would look like. I thought I could be reading into things, but I also think we are taught to not ignore things like this. I also became extremely excited about applying for the magazine position and the more I thought about waiting a year to apply for ResLife and Grad school, I felt more peace.

So this afternoon, I told Rachel and Beth, who were both extremely gracious, that I was going to wait a year before I applied. I left their office a little sad, but extremely peaceful.

I think this was the fastest decision I have made and actually felt extreme peace about immediately. God is always faithful.

3 comments:

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

I'm so happy that you are at peace with everything. There are some things God makes totally clear to us, but of course there will always be that doubt which creeps in. Working for the magazine sounds like a great opportunity plus lots of fun. I'll be praying for the whole situation :)

Anonymous said...

That's so good Jenna!

~Melissa