Sunday, March 16, 2008

Possibilities

I have been extremely open to what I will be doing next year except for the idea that I will do journalism for a year and then apply for Grad school at Biola and apply for a Resident Coordinator position in ResLife. So basically, I had one year to have fun and fulfill my dreams of being a journalist and then I had a plan.

Well..this past week, I feel like my world has been turned upside down. Over the course of the past few weeks, I have had many people and or events that have further confirmed my desire to be in ResLife. However, I pushed these out of sight figuring they were solely for next year.

Then, my good friend Mel encouraged me to go and talk to Rachel Clark, one of the assistant directors in ResLife. I did and it turns out - even though applications were due a week ago - they would be able to interview me this next week and still accept my application for an RC position for this next year. I would need to be a grad student if so though, so I would need to apply for grad school. I have an appointment on Monday with Nicole in the Institute of Spiritual Formation department at Biola to discuss the program.

Then, today I got an email from a friend with a link to a job opening for managing editor of the Biola magazine.

I feel as though I am once again at a crossroads between ResLife and journalism. Why do these two things continue to conflict?

Although, every part of me wants to sit and dwell on this, I am not. After learning through last year's many discussions with Ryan and Alyssa and other good friends, I know God will use my strengths wherever I am. Now I just need to make a decision and stick with it.

Hopefully, I will have more clarity after my meeting on Monday.

Please pray for me as I seek peace through these thoughts on my future! :)

1 comment:

babyrndeb said...

I will definitely keep you in my prayers...just stay open to what God wants you to do. So often our plans are not His plans. I know you have a soft heart and I'll pray for discernment.
On a side note...my daughter Erika made the Biola athletic website news-check it out :)
Thinking of you!