Thursday, September 6, 2007

Right on Time

It's 3:39 AM in The Chimes office. The lights are on, the air has cooled outside, and three of us remain: Nicole, Mitchell, and I. I look forward to the day when we no longer are in the office after 1 AM. However, as I read Michelle's request for more posts, there is something I could share.

Although, we are late to sending our newspaper to the printers, there is someone who is right on time. That someone is God. Around 2:30, the page A4 decided not to open. It said it was locked, which is what happened when we had to redo pages A5 and A6 from scratch. I was scared we would have to do the same, which would have pushed us back at least another hour. So I did the only thing I thought I could do, I asked everyone to eject their servers in an attempt to reboot the server itself. This would hopefully increase the possibility of the page opening. Unfortunately, we were moving current photos off the server at the same time to help the situation which meant we had a waiting time of 10 minutes before we could eject the server. I was tired and felt as though I wanted to cry in some senses. I walked outside, sat down, and prayed. I came back inside and felt the urgency to pray with my staff. Melissa, Nicole, Mitchell, Karin, and Rachelle were all working or waiting for more work. I looked around and felt the need to pray. I didn't want to. I don't like praying out loud. I figured it would be an odd time. I still felt the little tap on my shoulder telling me to pray.

Finally, I asked my staff to stop what they were doing so we could pray. They all agreed. We bowed our heads and I prayed for the night as it continued. For strength. For courage. We said Amen. And we waited more. Soon after, we rebooted the server and A4 opened miraculously. God is always on time.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

God is SO awesome in His timing isn't He!!! Aside from that, you need to get some sleep girl...do you ever go home and rest? Or do I just make you do that when you come to see me!!! Love you.