Thursday, August 9, 2007

Black and Sleek

Today was my first time holding a black American Express card. I had always heard about them, but never seen one..and definitely never held one. It was like a litte black dress...something you always have wanted and it looks good no matter what, black and sleek. Perfect for any occasion..at least the more formal ones.

The card holder was a nice woman named Jeanine. I would have never thought her to own a black amex by just looking at her. She seemed ordinary, as I'm sure many black amex cardholders are. But I had always heard of celebrities or billionaires having them. After I totaled her purchase - over $1,000, she handed me her card. As she handed it to me, I was a bit in awe that I was going to get to touch it. I didn't make this known. I just acted casual as if I've held them dozens of times before.

The card was thick and had a rimmed edge that was slightly thinner. It had a matte finish. Simply, it was black and sleek. After I ringed her up, I handed her card back to her, and that was that. I will probably never see one again. Of course, the fact that I work at Fashion Island ups my chances...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

More posts!
More posts!
More posts!