Thursday, September 13, 2007

First Time

There is a first time for everything. Today was my first time I have ever hit anything with my car that wasn't another car...yes, I have been in an accident or two. Cristina, this is your time to laugh. She knows my driving record quite well.

Anyhow, I was driving from my house to Biola this morning for work. As I worked my way along La Mirada Blvd. and approached Biola, there were a few birds in the road. I was approaching quickly and hoped they would fly away. My car inched forward as I started to brake, but thankfully both birds flew up into the sky before I got too close for comfort.

I continued to drive and without any warning a big grey ball hit my windshield and was propelled upward because of the speed of my car. A bird hit my windshield. I am convinced it hit me, because I did not see it coming. My hand went directly over my mouth and Iooked through my rearview mirror as I saw a bird topple onto the grass in the center divider.

I wasn't sure if it was a laughing matter or if I should be sad. At this point, it is a laughing matter. Poor thing...it probably doesn't know what hit him...or what it hit.

3 comments:

Embellish the Moments said...

Awwww...okay that is sad! And yes, I did giggle because I do know your driving experiences, probably more than I should...spectrum ring a bell :) And I wasn't even there! You're too cute girly. Love ya.

Michelle said...

Birds are so dumb. I have a similar bird vs. automobile story in this blog from last summer.

volleygirl1814 said...

I cannot believe that you hit a bird with your car...or that a bird hit your car...although I like to believe the first one to be true. :)