Sunday, October 4, 2009

crisp change

The weather and I became friends again today. After walking outdoors and not feeling as though I needed to strip in the heat California has bore the past months, I figured it was time to make amends. 

The crisp cool air of Fall finally whispered against my skin and I was able to breathe freshly, leave summer behind and let go of unfinished plans. The holiday season is on its way and with it, pumpkin breads, spice cakes and caramel apple cider. And of course, friendly gatherings. 

I'm not one for change. I don't handle it well. However, when the world changes its climate, I'm some how more open to align myself with the winds and accept whatever transition comes. September was full, too full really. It burst with transition. 

Transition at work, home and oh yes, becoming a student again. 

Although, I'm still adjusting to life with homework and friends in other places, the crisp winds of Fall make me feel as though everything will be all right. And there is only joy and peace to come. 

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Lovely. I am so welcoming Fall at the moment, too! I have been waiting for it for too long it seems. Love you.