Tuesday, March 10, 2009

i guess i wouldn't mind being a bear

I realized last week I will be moving once again this summer. When I moved into our tiny room this year, my closet became full quite quickly. And I have continued to outgrow my closet, and my room, for that matter. My stationary desk serves as a night stand and location for newspapers and magazines I wish to read in the near non-ending future and my bookcase serves as a place for my jewelry and miscellaneous decorative pieces that I seem to collect.

But even though I continue to outgrow the space, as I've grown into my little, what I like to call, cave, I have grown to love the smallness. My joy of climbing into bed underneath the bunk bed above me, which has become a home to prayer requests and reminders (similar to my bunk bed freshman year at Biola), it's a place of warmth that I love. I like my little space where everything must fit just so, otherwise, the room will look a mess. And with this also comes creativity in arranging furniture, tidyness and comfort with a candle and mug of coffee.

So although, I will be moving again this summer which makes me sad, I will continue to enjoy the smallness of my space and know that when I look for a new home, bigger does not necessarily mean better. So, with hope, I will be in search of another endearing, quaint and cute cave.

I guess I wouldn't mind being a bear...

No comments: