Sunday, January 11, 2009

refreshed

The photo above of the Potomac River at Mount Vernon is from my vacation in Virginia. It makes me feel calm and reminds me of my current state of mind - refreshed.

That is how I feel - refreshed. Ready for a new year with new challenges, new adventures, and new happy moments. Usually starting a new year is bitter sweet to me. It is a time that is exciting but both sad that the year is over. I think this past year was one of the longest years I've had and because of that, I am ready for a new one.

As is every year, my life was full of many trials and adventures that produced growth in my life. I finished college, adjusted to life as a graduate who is financially independent, saw many friends walk down the aisle or get engaged, and join the working force - full time. 2008 was filled with many, many memorable moments - one's with more joy than explainable and one's with more sadness in the same token. It was a good year and it was a hard year.

However, unlike many years before, I am fully ready for the new one. I am ready to say goodbye to the challenges I faced last year and I am ready to start my life again as it feels as though it stopped at some point in the fall. I hit the restart button on the computer and now I feel refreshed. I feel as though I can look back on last year and truly say I know who I am and 2008 was good for me, but I want to step forward in a new pace with a refreshed spirit and mind.

3 comments:

dontstaretoolong said...

And your office looks great!

Cristina said...

Hey, I want to see your office! You are so right about starting a new year ... it's a beautiful thing!

Jenna Lyndsay said...

ill post photos soon! i'm almost finished filing my last stack of paper. haha.