Tuesday, January 13, 2009

lookin' up the road


With the new year comes a renewed state of mind and also a new set of personal goals...or renewed goals! :) I wanted to make sure my New Year resolutions were practical, realistic and fun! Here is what I came up with, hopefully, they stay resolute.

1. Journal every day for one year: Journaling and documenting one's life is very important to me. It's not only fun, but is also a great writing exercise. I actually started this back in November. So far, so good! Also, yes, I use an actual journal. As much as I love blogging, I'm a paper person.

2. Create a habit of working out: This is something that has been inconsistent in my life since I quit cheer in high school, unless I was in a PE class in college, but I can't really do Gospel Aerobics without an instructor, can I? So, my plan is to start with twice a week and move on up after that. And my goal isn't to lose weight, just to feel healthier and be in shape.

3. Freelance for a magazine: Really, I would like to be published in a magazine by next year. I've been published in the Whittier Daily News, but besides that stint, I have not been published outside of a student publication. I want to branch out as a writer and have something to build my career upon besides my current job.

4. Brush up on my French: I've taken approximately 5 years of French classes and have never been fluent. A main reason: it is uncommon to find someone that speaks French! However, I want to brush up so when I move there in the next few years, I'm not completely lost.

5. Talk with God everyday: This is something I went to spend more time doing. Most people call it quiet time. I just want to take time and talk with God or sit quietly and make an effort to grow in my faith and more towards being Christ-like each day.

6. Have more craft time: Last year, I spent barely anytime making cards and doing crafts. I used to never give a store bought card, now I find myself always giving store bought cards - which are great and fun for the occaisonal note to someone, but I want to make sure I spend more time doing crafts and what I like to call art therapy. :)

1 comment:

Cristina said...

ok, wait a minute. i dont know if that was sarcasm, but i never heard anything about you moving to france??? i am lost!