Tuesday, November 11, 2008

writing a wave

I've found writing to be an emotional thing for me. I think it is like that with a lot of writers. If they don't feel a certain way, it is difficult to write. 

My emotional tie may root to my initial desire to write poetry along with the ups and downs of my life in junior high, which developed into a love for creative writing and then journalism in high school. Time is also sincerely involved. I am not a hasty writer. I take time to sit and drink in thoughts and then pour them out hoping the two resemble each other. 

So, as much as I would like to pass off my neglect for this blog in the past month on me being busy, the truth is I didn't feel like posting anything nor did I really have time to sit and drink. I know — horrible for me to have broken the number one rule of blogging. (Taken from the Official Guide for Blogging 101; Rule One: Blog frequently or else lose your readers.)  


Writing comes in waves and every once in a while they slow and then another set will come in. Thankfully, the dead waters are alive again and I brought myself to write a post (even if it is about my lack of posting.)  

Therefore, expect quite a few more since all waves come in sets. 

No comments: