Monday, November 24, 2008

oh, to be Alice


I woke up to a purple door on the left bordered by pastel green paint and a pale blue door on the right bordered by a shade of cream. Which door do I pick? The red pill or the blue pill. In this case, I was either to be led into a closet or a living area, so it didn't matter much.

A few weekends ago (more like a month ago) I visited a good friend from high school who lives in this adorable house in Santa Barbara. She actually lives on the second floor that has been converted into an apartment. I couldn't get over it the entire weekend. I kept walking through the apartment marveling at the different pastel colored walls, mismatching doors, glass and brass door knobs...it was all quite charming and a bit like Alice in Wonderland if you ask me.

Oh, would I give to wake up in a house like this. Not that I'm not blessed as is. :)

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Who lives there??? I love it, too! So cute!

Unknown said...

Rachel. It's in Santa Barbara. I love it too!