Tuesday, September 30, 2008

when i get crafty...

Photographers have dark rooms. Mechanics have garages. Artists have studios. And me? I have the floor in my bedroom. When I scrapbook and make cards, it is usually uncontainable. There is paper, adhesives, embellishments, paints, etc. spread almost to a 360 degree angle around where I sit.

So when barely anyone was home this past Sunday night, I decided to set up shop and take over the floor of my room. I hadn't been crafty in a while so I decided to challenge myself with limiting my materials and have some sort of theme since I wasn't making the cards for anything in particular.

What I was allowed to use: 1 piece of patterned paper, the brown fabric ribbon I salvaged from some store's bag, 1 other form of embellisment, paint, metallic rub-on paint, and adhesives

Theme: I attempted to incorporate different forms or shapes of a flower on each card.

Here is what I came up with!




Not the most creative cards in the world, but I had a lot of fun making flowers out of different materials. :)

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Those are SOOOO cute Jenners! Did you use patterned paper, or did you actually create all the textures and pattern on each card? Those are absolutely adorable ... when I grow up I want to be as crafty as you ... those seriously are amazing! I may just have to TRY to copy you :) Love you lots.

Unknown said...

thanks cristina! i did use patterned paper although i painted or rubbed on metallic on the edges of most as well as on some of the front. also, when i grow up i want to be as crafty as you too! haha. love you too!

justanotherManda said...

GAH! I miss scrapbooking SO much!

RSP said...

Thanks for the card on my birthday Jenna! It was so cute and I feel so privileged to be a recipient of your rare spurt of scrapbooking creativity :) SO CUTE.