Sunday, September 21, 2008

to tweet or not to tweet

Twitter has taken the nation by storm, at least it is trying to. Bloggers and social networking buffs have taken to it like wildfire, however, the rest of the media world is still skeptical.

My good friend Michelle nearly sold me on it this summer. I decided to wait and see how many people would actually use the status-update like media to find out when "Jack is eating cereal" and "Jill is at the zoo." It didn't strike me as utterly enticing to let people know when I was getting ready for work in the morning or walking to lunch.

I found the humor in it though when my friend, Michelle, started "tweeting" updates like "In the company of hundreds of glazed eyed, Mickey-ear-wearing tourists" instead of simply saying "I am at Disneyland." I have began to view Twitter as a challenge. A challenge to create an interesting spunky sentence out of mundane moments in less than 140 characters. What really sold me on Twitter was this video. Pretty soon you just may be able to see me "tweeting."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

YEEEAAH!!
I would give anything to have you on Twitter!

Especially as a media relations diva, it would be useful, if only to subscribe to other peoples' and othere news organizations' feeds.

justanotherManda said...

i have a twitter!