Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2:28 a.m. & Nate Mitchell

Journalism had lost it's magic for me until tonight. I love journalism, but for some reason I have not felt that love for the past few months. I lost interest in wanting to be a reporter. However, tonight refueled my fire. I hadn't written an article in months for news which also means I hadn't interviewed anyone in months either. Interviewing Nate tonight was fantastic. Read below. :)




Nate Mitchell, Biola junior, is running for assemblyman of the 60th District in the State of California.

Crazy, right?

I found this information out at 6 p.m. tonight and interviewed Nate at 9 p.m. I got myself a cup of coffee after the interview and wrote until 1 a.m. The cup of joe is what is keeping me from sleeping at the moment.

However, more than that, I am stoked! This is breaking news. And it's real news that could affect more than Biola - something that hardly washes up onto the shores of the small university in La Mirada. The excitement is still in me - the magic is back.

2 comments:

justanotherManda said...

i read your article in the chimes...very interesting!

Michelle said...

That´s sooooo exciting about Nate running for assembly!! He´ll be incredible. And I´m so glad you´ve reawakened your love of journalism.

PS -- I miss you.