Friday, August 15, 2008

lemon-aide

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...right? But what about when everyone else has imported mangoes?

I worked the past three or four weeks to get tickets and media credentials for the civil forum tomorrow night with Obama and McCain. I was approved for media credentials and two VIP tickets, however, I will not be in the sanctuary. I will be with media in another venue with a live feed...just like I could watch from the comfort of my own home. Two others will be using the VIP tickets and it is not possible to get a third.

Then ABC eyewitness news wanted to interview me outside the church. I politely said they may not want to interview me because I am part of the media for tomorrow nights event. They smiled and agreed. Who does that? Who suggests they shouldn't be interviewed (besides South Dakotans*)! I was kicking myself for that. I could have been on national television and I said no. Ridiculous. Not to mention, this could have been a publicity tool for the university.

Then to top it off, I got an email from my Mom who said her friend had an extra VIP ticket so she will be attending the civil forum tomorrow.

God, I need some lemon-aide right now, because I am not very happy with my lemons. This is starting to become funny. Or not funny at all. I think God is teaching me to be grateful for what I have. He's still working apparently.

*The South Dakota reference is thanks to Michelle. :)

*updated to add: I saw today as a group of lost chances. However, after thinking a bit more intelligently and a bit less emotionally, I decided today was not a group of lost chances at all. It is simply a group of other opportunities. Therefore, I will take my lemons and find my other opportunities. Who likes mango nectar anyways?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd take lemons over mangoes any day...
Seriously, though, maybe the "media room" will be the best thing ever?
I look forward to hearing all about it...