Saturday, April 11, 2009

out of my league

As I walked through the baby aisles and counted the number of different types of bibs, binkies and blankies, I realized I was way out of my league. I know nothing about babies — at least not much in comparison to the average woman. 

My eyes scanned the cute little shoes, but I was perplexed. "Would a one-year-old wear size 1,2 or 3? Or are these way too big in the first place? Will a one-year-old even want a pair of shoes? Am I getting them more for the cute factor than for her? It's not like she will remember what I gave her." 

I called my mom. "What do you buy a one-year-old?" I wanted to get something for her she would like, not just something I thought was adorable. "Well, a baby would want a toy most likely." I agreed. 

So at Kylie's first birthday party, she received a toy, bubbles, butterfly sand molds and a book. I wrote an inscription in the book so one day, she may know I gave her a book at her first birthday. Although I really wanted to get her those cute shoes, I think she'll have more fun with the toy...And I really have no idea what size shoe a one-year-old wears. 

1 comment:

Cristina said...

You're so cute! Her gift was absolutely perfect :) I think it was the perfect mix of everything a one year old loves to do. You're a natural gift shopper for one year olds!!! Love you.